Thursday 5 December 2013

Because at Christmas...you tell the truth!

Here's what I love about Xmas in no particular order:


Snow...or rather the anticipation that it might, might just snow
Christmas jumpers, hats, socks, slippers and (of course) cosy onesie times
Mulled wine on a cold night
The works Xmas do...LOVE the whole thing (especially the free wine!)
The German Christmas food markets....mmmmm!
Ice skating, or even just thinking about ice skating
Xmas shopping!!
Friendships just seem to get better and better this time of year, because it's all about being with the folk that make you smile....awww.

And, just to even the terms for all you Xmas grinches; here is what I (begrudgingly) hate about Xmas time:



The busy-ness of town ALL THE TIME.  Boots is an absolute no-go until at least February.
The amount of weight I put on indulging in all that tasty food
The bitter cold wind that literally takes your breath away
The smug married couples whom wander round snugly and smugly holding hands whilst doing absolutely every christmassy activity  (how, tell me HOW one manages to hold 10 billion shopping bags whilst holding hands!)
The fact that PDA's seem to be everywhere (they probably aren't, but us single folk notice it and silently pretend we don't care whilst weeping into mulled wine)
It is the only time of year I actually want someone special in my life to do that whole 'running in the snow and grand gesture stuff' with!  (can't I just have it over Christmas and have summer to myself?!)

So there you have it folks.  I am secretly a mushy, romantic female in the body of a hopeless commitment phobe.  I'd love to tell you how that works...but it doesn't of course, which is why I am blogging about it!
(plus, let's face it, if I did ever manage to meet my match you wouldn't be able to read about all my 'dramatic' exploits!)

Till next time

Thanks for reading

Scarlett
xoxox

3 comments:

  1. You need to find yourself another commitment phobe, you can run around holding hands, drinking too much mulled wine, having too many PDAS, drink waaaaaaaaaay more mulled wine. Then have an argument in the street and split up to Fairytale in New York. Then it's a proper Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I accept the challenge: I'm pretty sure 2 commitment phobes can make each other happy for the 'Christmas sprint' and ensure that relationship burn-out occurs before NY eve (giving me time to recoup and enter the new year with a new, commited mindset ready to meet The One!) x

    ReplyDelete