Tuesday 19 November 2013

The Dating Ex-ercise begins

So, I never did find out exactly what I said to my ex in that 'creepy voicemail' as he so tactfully tweeted....but as my mother always says; some things are better not knowing.

Anyway, I've been feeling fragile and a little bit disconnected from my peers lately.  (I'm not a total misery, but my broken phone is making it difficult to be invited to anything!)
Starting to wonder if this has forced me into becoming one of those saddos who just spend their nights on social networks & doesn't have any real conversations??
Hmm...saddo by default.  Not sure I fancy that on my gravestone.


As I am on a mission to get over said ex (and have been rather unsuccessful this past 3 years) I decided to get onto this online dating malarkey.  Shuddering at the thought of yet another Xmas of mother dropping in various men's names, (along with bank balance and attractive capital assets) into EVERY conversation:

"I know he's grey, and his daughter is your age...but he DOES have a boat!"



...whilst over at my fathers for Boxing Day, he repeatedly uses his favourite line to shame me into settling down:

"Nobody wants to marry Marilyn Monroe."

What does that even mean?  I'm sure Marilyn was married?!  

As with creepy voicemail-gate situation, I fear it is better not asking the question (I can only assume father thinks his eldest daughter is into flashing panties over air vents).


Anyhow;  I digress.  So I got persuaded into online dating by a few older and 'wiser' colleagues a few days ago.  I'm nothing if not a massive sceptic and a hopeless romantic; so online dating seemed the most rubbish idea in the world since voting Conservative that year I decided I was a yuppie :-/.

As it turned out, I became wanted property and actually had a healthy pick of some normal looking men.  I've even agreed to go on a date with one who lives not far from me (but not before lots of much needed Google detective work!).

Really REALLY need to speak to Cassie about this MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH in my life......
The only trouble is, my god damn phone keeps cancelling her calls :-(  

Looks like I'll be going for girly advice elsewhere this time, so if you've got any dating tips for an old amateur please let me have em!

Love much

Scarlett xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Just go out and enjoy! And be you!

    Although be prepared for the odd creepy weird message via the dating sites! They breed on those sites I swear!

    Roxilicious82 @ Simply Roxilicious!

    ReplyDelete