Sunday 17 November 2013

Oops...I did it again. The ex-cruciating hangover

"So; how was your weekend?"

When esteemed colleagues <with normal lives and existences> ask me that v.general question on Monday morning, I shall give them one of 2 possible answers.

1) It was relatively chilled yet productive.  I caught up on my correspondance (yes, I DO have correspondance...don't look so surprised!) and painted my toenails whilst wearing a relaxing mud mask with Xfactor on in the background.

2) I got unashamedly drunk on a bottle of cheap Australian wine from the local shop and accidentelly on purpose left my ex a 'creepy voicemail.' 

NB: One of the above is a lie.

Nobody knows I commited such a heinous act on Friday night (well, nobody except said ex ... until now).  After I woke in a still-drunken haze the following morning, I got a familiar sick feeling which I usually associate with having done something cringeworthy but not yet having the brain functionality to recall it.

I stayed away from all manner of social media, knowing instinctively that this would give clues to path of destruction caused by the Australian Rose.   In fact, up until about an hour ago, I was happily living in blissful ignorance and meandering through remainder of the weekend.

Twitter log in commenced.

Timeline:  Nothing too bad.  Just me and Cassie talking guyliner and waxing (standard).
DM:  Here sat a message from the ex.  Very direct, very 'to the point' - rather like my mascara wand slipping and poking me in the iris:  "What's with the creepy voicemail? X"

Sh** sh** sh**!!! Checked phone: No record of a call.  Vaguely remember Cassie talking me out of sending him a DM...but I obviously did what I do best and rebelled against my straight talking (always right!) friend.
Took action of sorts by tweeting the only thing I could: 
 "Voicemail? Call?  I truthfully don't know what you are talking about??" 

Now I'm playing the waiting game...waiting for ex to kick me into touch & for Cassie to read this and spit feathers about me ignoring her 'brilliant advice' AGAIN! (Though honestly, I think the ex will be an easier one to handle!)

Till next time

Scarlett xoxo




1 comment:

  1. Never ever drunk dial, it always leads to problems. Bad, Bad, Bad! What did you tell your colleagues?

    Roxilicious82 @ Simply Roxilicious!

    ReplyDelete